Willowdale Bra Sewalong
Sew a well-fitting bra for big boobs!
Get this workshop FREE when you join Cashmerette Club as an All Access member!
- Do you find it hard to find or make a bra that fits your full bust AND looks gorgeous?
- Are you a bit intimidated by the idea of sewing a bra?
- Do you want to finally make the supportive and beautiful bra of your dreams with help at every step?
Then this is the workshop for you!
From the comfort of home, join curvy sewing expert Jenny Rushmore of Cashmerette and professional bra pattern drafter Jennifer Fairbanks of Porcelynne as they explain every step of sewing your own Willowdale Bra, from choosing your size all the way to sewing on the bow. With this workshop, sewing your own well-fitting bra has never been easier!
Meet the Willowdale
Feel secure, supported, and self-assured in a Willowdale Bra! The Willowdale is a full frame underwire bra with a 4-piece cup design for vital support and lift in a beautifully rounded shape.
The Willowdale is designed specially for larger busts in band sizes 28-54 and cup sizes C-J—that's over 120 sizes to help you get the perfect fit. The Willowdale includes full lace and half lace options for low- to no-stretch fabrics, and the stretch lace upper cup molds to your boobs' unique shape and accommodates differences in boob size.
Created by curvy sewing experts and bra-making professionals, you can trust the Willowdale to look magnificent while supporting you all day long.
Sewing lessons whenever and wherever you want.
Unlike regular classes, there's no need to block off time in your schedule or arrange to travel! You can watch the videos on your laptop, tablet or phone, and master bra-making from the comfort of home. Learn at your own pace, and re-watch the videos as many times as you like—they never expire! Plus, you'll have 24/7 access, and it's the fraction of the price of an in-person class.
Get additional help
Do you have questions about the lessons? Just ask in the comments section, and you'll get personal feedback.
Skills you'll learn in the course include:
- Understanding the anatomy of a bra and what materials are need to create one
- Identifying good quality fabric for a Willowdale and understanding how to use stretch to create a well-fitting bra
- Taking your measurements for bra making and selecting your bra size
- Cutting your fabric pieces, including how to cut mirrored lace pieces
- Lining and clean finishing bra cups so that there are exposed seams
- Attaching channeling and insert underwires for support
- Applying different types of elastic throughout the bra
- Constructing and attaching bra straps
- Attaching a hook & eye closure
- Identifying basic fit issues and how to refine the fit your bra
- Bonus! How to create a bra fit sample to check and adjust the fit of your bra