Swimsuit Making for Curves
Sew a chic and supportive swimsuit that will make you feel fantastic!
- Do you find it hard to get both the style and support you want in a swimsuit?
- Are you a bit intimidated by the idea of sewing a swimsuit?
- Want to finally make the supportive and chic swimsuit of your dreams, with help at every step?
Then join my online workshop "Swimsuit Making for Curves"!
From the comfort of home, join me as I simply and clearly explain every step of sewing your own supportive swimsuit, from choosing the right fabric and notions, to sewing with spandex and sewing an actual underwired bra - it's easier than you would imagine.
Welcome to Swimsuit Making for Curves. A great swimsuit has the power to help you feel your most confident best, and in this course, join me to learn how to make your very own!
I developed the Ipswich Swimsuit to be chic on the outside and supportive on the inside, thanks to an optional built-in, underwired swim bra and side boning. Why should you have to compromise on style and fit just because you're curvy? But sewing your first swimsuit can be a bit intimidating, so that's why I designed this new course; even if you're an adventurous sewing beginner, you can get a wonderful result.
In this workshop, I take you step by step through everything you need to know about sewing your underwired swimsuit, from picking the right fabrics and notions, to special sewing techniques, and working with spandex.
Included in the course is a free* copy of the Cashmerette Ipswich Swimsuit pattern (choose from a downloadable PDF or a paper version that will be mailed to you). The Ipswich Swimsuit was designed for curves, in sizes 12 - 28 and cup sizes C - H. Already have the Ipswich? No problem - you can use the coupon on any other pattern, too.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!
*Shipping charge applies for paper pattern.
Sewing lessons whenever and wherever you want.
Unlike regular classes, there's no need to block off time in your schedule or arrange to travel - you can watch the videos on your laptop, tablet or phone, and master swimsuit-making from the comfort of home. Learn at your own pace, and re-watch the videos as many times as you like - they never expire! Plus, you'll have 24/7 access, and it's the fraction of the price of an in-person class.
Get additional help
Do you have questions about the lessons? Just ask in the comments section, and you'll get personal feedback.
Skills you'll learn in the course include:
- How to identify good quality spandex, and where to find it
- De-mystifying swim bra fabric and notions, and tips for easier options if you're a beginner
- What tools you need to make a swimsuit - and which are optional but will help you get a professional result
- How to sew a swimsuit on a single, regular home sewing machine
- Lining a swimsuit for a clean internal finish and to avoid transparency when wet
- How to sew a full underwired foam swim bra, without the need for pre-formed foam cups
- Adding boning for extra support
- How to create extra-supportive swimsuit straps
- Clean-finishing the gusset for no seams
- Installing swimwear closures
Hi! I'm Jenny Rushmore, the blogger, sewing pattern designer and teacher behind Cashmerette. Learning to sew transformed my body image, and my life's passion is helping other curvy women find their body confidence, too. I work with professional pattern-makers to create fashion-forward designs in sizes 0 - 32, and bust sizes C - H, and teach women how to get a fantastic fit in their self-made garments. I believe that your dress size doesn't limit you creativity, so why should it limit your wardrobe? If you want to learn more, check out my blog at Cashmerette.