Jeans Making for Curves
Everything you need to know to make your own pair of perfectly fitted jeans!
- Do you struggle to find or sew jeans that fit all your curves, without gaping or pulling?
- Are you intimidated by the idea of sewing jeans?
- Do you want to try sewing your first pair of jeans, but want lots of help during the process?
Then you should enroll in this course, "Jeans Making for Curves"!
Join me as I take you through making jeans, from choosing the right denim and gathering the right tools, through to how to get professional top-stitching and inside finishes.
Welcome to Jeans Making for Curves! By taking this course, you'll learn a whole host of jeans making techniques which will help you make the jeans you've always dreamed of. Jeans can seem very intimidating to sew if you haven't tried before - all that topstitching and hardware, not to mention using tools like a hammer which are usually far from the sewing room.
However, jeans aren't actually that hard to sew when you know how! This course takes you step by step through everything you need to know, from preparing your pattern, denim and tools, through to special sewing techniques and how to install that hardware.
Included with this course is a free* copy of the Cashmerette Patterns Ames Jeans pattern (choose from a downloadable PDF or a paper version that will be mailed to you). The Ames Jeans were designed for curves, with mix-and-match pelvis fits (apple or pear) and leg fits (straight or skinny). Choose whichever combo suits your shape and style, and you'll have a classic pair of high-rise jeans with 5 pockets, fly front, belt loops and curve-friendly fit.
I can't wait for you to join me as you learn to sew jeans!
*Shipping charge applies for paper pattern.
Sewing lessons whenever and wherever you want.
Unlike regular classes, there's no need to block off time in your schedule or arrange to travel - you can watch the videos on your laptop, tablet or phone, and master shirt-making from the comfort of home. Learn at your own pace, and re-watch the videos as many times as you like - they never expire! Plus, you'll have 24/7 access, and it's the fraction of the price of an in-person class.
Get additional help
Do you have questions about the lessons? Just ask in the comments section, and you'll get personal feedback.
Skills you'll learn in the course include:
- How to identify the right type of high quality denim for your jeans
- Which tools are essential for jeans-making - and which are nice to have for a higher-level finish.
- How to sew jeans with a single regular home sewing machine
- Picking the right fit for your Ames Jeans, and making your personalized pattern
- Cutting denim so it doesn't twist
- How to check jeans fit before you finish sewing
- Sewing a pocket stay which has a tummy-flattening effect in your jeans - and how to sew it with French seams
- The easiest way to sew a professional fly-front
- Techniques for achieving fantastic top-stitching
- How to install a jeans button and rivets without industrial equipment
Hi! I'm Jenny Rushmore, the blogger, sewing pattern designer and teacher behind Cashmerette. Learning to sew transformed my body image, and my life's passion is helping other curvy women find their body confidence, too. I work with professional pattern-makers to create fashion-forward designs in sizes 12 - 28/32, and bust sizes C - H, and teach women how to get a fantastic fit in their self-made garments. I believe that your dress size doesn't limit you creativity, so why should it limit your wardrobe? If you want to learn more, check out my blog at Cashmerette.